For most small business 4-10 pages should suffice. Quality is more important than quantity.
Content is king, both for being found on Google, but also in gaining customers. If someone visits your website they should be able to find all of the information they require on your products and services as well as everything they need to know about you so they are confident in buying from you. Information should be presented in a structured fashion, ideally presented in levels with a brief summary but then allowing the visitor to find out more if they want to.
Today’s internet users expect a site to be attractive (but not too flashy) relevant images are essential, if products are shown, details should be clear. As more than 50% of internet accesses are now from mobile devices, they need to be mobile responsive.
The usual brochure pages are:
- Home – to grab attention answer the basic about you
- About – giving more information to build confidence
- Products and Services – Giving more information, details and specifications (multiple pages as required)
- Gallery and Testimonials – if relevant to give supporting information
- Contact – Where you are and how to be contacted