How to print address labels using Shopify
Step 1: Choose the right printer
If you want your labels to print quickly and efficiently, you need to ensure that you’re using the right type of printer. Both thermal printers and inkjet printers can be used to print labels using Shopify, with the former delivering speed and the latter more versatility.
You need to ensure that the printer you use is compatible with the labels you’ve bought. We tested this feature using some standard size address labels from labelplanet.co.uk on a simple Brother DCP office printer – no special equipment was needed.
Step 2: Install the required apps
There are a number of different apps that Shopify offers that you can use to enhance the printing of your address labels. For example, ShipStation and Easyship.
These apps provide a number of useful features such as batch label printing, order tracking, and integration with carriers.
Step 3: Access the label printing feature on Shopify
The next step is to log in to your Shopify dashboard and find the label printing feature. This can be located by following the below steps:
- Navigate to Orders
- Select All Orders
- Select the order that you want to print a shipping label for
- On the order page, locate the More Actions drop-down menu
- Choose Print Shipping Label
- After selecting this option, a new window will appear with a preview of your label
- You can now make any changes if needed
- Once you’re happy with your label, click Print
- You can choose to print your label out right away or save it as a PDF and print it out at a later date
Before printing your label(s), make sure that your printer is connected to your computer or other device that’s supported by Shopify.
Why aren’t my labels printing?
The process of printing address labels using Shopify should be fairly simple. However, if your labels aren’t printing or they don’t look how you wanted them to, then some of the most likely causes are:
To resolve these issues, make sure that your printer and any apps that you’re using are up to date and connected. Also, it can be useful to calibrate your printer to improve the alignment of your labels.
Top tips for printing address labels with Shopify
- Create preset shipping label templates to save yourself time and to ensure consistency every time
- Use batch label printing to print multiple orders at the same time
- Update your printer and shipping app to ensure they remain compatible
- Invest in label sleeves to help prevent damage