All of us at Web-Clubs wish you a joyful Holiday Season and
a Happy New Year
Our office will close at 4:00 pm on Friday 22nd December
We will reopen on Tuesday 2nd January 2018 at 8:30 am
Without promotion, something terrible happens… nothing!
P T Barnum founder of Barnum & Bailey Circus
Nothing too demanding, but whilst enjoying your mince pies and turkey, it’s a good time to think about next year’s marketing plans. All businesses, whatever size or type, need marketing activity to survive and grow. Although it can look easy to place an advert or whatever, it’s equally to waste money, so it’s well worth speaking to experts, in the long scheme of things, it’s likely to be cheaper!
Review—Marketing your business
I recently attended a talk on Digital Marketing, whilst in agreement with much of it, I took exception to one statement, that marketing had dramatically changed.
Perhaps I’m being too pedantic, but my view is that the principles of marketing, often referred to as the 4 Ps—Product, Place, Promotion and Price remain the same and are as relevant today as they always have been.
What has changed, and changed significantly, is the choice of tools on offer to implement marketing strategies. In particular, how to promote and how to sell (Place).
Unlike traditional marketing tools, Digital tools allow us to target potential customers much more effectively. Through Social Media it’s possible to even reach groups with very specialised interests.
E-Commerce allows businesses to reach much wider audience, even international ones, a physical high street presence is no longer required.
Take Care—Life has got more difficult!
More choice means more opportunity to get things wrong!
Even the best marketers will reluctantly admit that much of what they spend, fails to deliver results. To minimise waste, here are some tips:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Audience—Know who your market is, then choose the tools that will reach it
- Research and Plan—Do your homework and then do it again
- Measure and Test—Constantly measure results, abandon or modify failing strategies. Try new things, don’t get stuck in a rut
- Seek help—It looks easy to advertise with companies like Google and Facebook, it is but it’s also easy to spend a fortune. Call us, if we can’t help we’ll find someone that can!
- Budget—Always fix in advance
- Joined up thinking—Whatever tool you use, makes sure you are prepared for it. Use dedicated landing pages on your website, make sure staff are fully briefed and if selling online, stock is available
In the Knowledge Base section of the Web-Clubs website you will find a wealth of valuable marketing information to help you.